Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Launch of my cakeislove website and classes

In my previous posts, I alluded to something going on here, taking up my time and preventing me from posting often. In honor of the one year anniversary of my blog, I'm very excited to launch Cakeislove.com, which will link to my blog, as well as contain information on classes that I'm now offering on cake decorating. The first class, Buttercream Basics was held on May 15th this year and was great fun with many fabulous cakes made by the students. Each person had their own style and resulting cake, much to my delight. Cakes are like snowflakes, no two are alike, and each is beautiful in its own right.
I especially enjoyed the camaraderie among the students. Each one encouraged each other, and noticed details or creative styles that they then tried themselves on their own cake.  
My next Buttercream Basics class will be held in August, and as soon as I pick a date, I will let you know! I'm also going to offer a class focused on decorating cupcakes, which we did briefly during the Buttercream Basics.
In fact, cake is love for me, and I'm excited to begin another adventure in my life. 

8 comments:

  1. Just one question: when will you start letting US students Skype into your classes? I'm so excited that you're spreading the cake love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Meredith. Good luck with your new adventure. They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the website! You did such a good job. I found the About Me interesting. I like that you gave a shoutout to your dentist. Is she aware of the Sugar Plum Organic Bakery? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, can't wait to check out the site! :) Danica

    ReplyDelete
  5. If only those classes were held closer to The Hague. I would come by to visit! Eindhoven is so far away! Good luck with everything!! Loved your site!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the cakes look fabulous!! My mom took a decorating class when she was in her 70's....she made cakes for every occasion that she could think of...so fun!! good luck with your new venture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, all for your comments. I am very excited! Meg, I'm not sure about skype classes, but for you, m'dear I'm willing to try it! And thanks, Sam, for introducing me to weebly for website hosting- it is working great.

    ReplyDelete